- Making my own travel arrangements and bypassing the travel agents
- Photo processing (No film or film processing)
- Mail Delivery (e-mail - no stamps or envelopes- no postman)
- Health services (Diagnosing and prescribing for my own illnesses)
- Greeting Cards ( no cards to buy, no stamps or envelopes)
- Overseas Phone Calls at one-tenth of the price I was paying just a few years ago
There's more but it's enough evidence to show that Toffler's thesis is valid.
We are moving into a new era and for once in a long time I feel a little more optimistic about the future. Knowledge is power and each of us has the power to create a new kind of wealth for ourselves and our families.
Will this put more money in our pockets? Not directly, but it will allow us to create a better life style than we now can in a traditional cash economy and at the same time it could offer more in the way of "self-esteem" than most of us get out of the "nine-to-five" we're holding down to pay the mortgage.
Make a list of the things you are doing and what you could do to live better independently.
Share it with others here on the web and with your friends.
It won't help with the problem of Bush's deficit spending but it could make you feel a little better